We are Ger and Aisha, passionate travelers who have now made Ireland our home!
Ger is from Ireland and after living over 10 years abroad discovered … the Emerald Isle has everything he wants!
- KerryGold Butter – Check
- Creamy milk- Check
- Gaelic football – Check, Check, Check
There are only so many fights an Irish man can have in a foreign grocery aisle trying to search for decent butter, before he realizes it’s time to come home.
Aisha is a half English half Malaysian who has explored over 33 countries and has somehow been convinced to settle in ireland.
She reckons it’s nothing to do with the rain and everything to do with Irish soda bread, Irish dancing and the Irish charm
Anyway, we set up An Irish Rover because we want to help you discover and explore Ireland with us!
We will shares insider tips on things like :
- What are the best places to stay (that won’t bankrupt you )
- Which Irish pubs have the best craic?
- What are the best hikes and views to explore ?
- Best itineraries around Ireland to save you time
Basically, we want you to be equipped with all the tips and guides you need to know to explore and fall deeply in love with our beautiful Ireland!
Thanks for coming along with us on this journey
Now let’s go find some buttery soda bread!
Ger & Aisha xx
Some useless facts about us that you didn’t ask for:
- We met in Barcelona while playing Gaelic football, Ger was the Head Coach who decided Aisha’s goal kicking technique needed significant improvement.
- We have lived in Barcelona and Malaysia and can confirm Ireland has the best milk, bread and butter.
- We love playing sport and hiking and plan to embark on a motorbike trip around Europe one day! And maybe a hike up Kilamanjaro… and maybe a road trip around America … and maybe a stint in New Zealand and Australia , ok we can’t keep up with our own dreams but we are trying!
- We think being open, kind and respectful will get you far in any country, a smile is free!
- We think Ireland has views and hotspots that can rival New Zealand’s breathtaking sceneries and we plan to share any much as we can with you as possible!